I am a warm, compassionate and creative child psychologist/counsellor/therapist/supervisor. I use long proven and accepted techniques that extend beyond culture and language. My practice is in the Northern Beaches of Sydney with calming views over tranquil Pittwater.
I have extensive therapeutic experience with children of varying cultural, religious, socio economic and racial backgrounds. These include Aboriginal and refugee children.
I have worked with children accompanying their mothers in women’s shelters, and children accompanying their parents in drug and alcohol rehabilitation centres. In recent years, I worked with children at Stewart House School, Northern Beaches, Sydney. (Stewart House is a ‘school’ unique in Australia) that provides two-week respites for children in dire needs or emergency situations. I had a private practice in Broome and have been in Pittwater since 2010.
My work is supported by research and has neurobiological evidence.
My further qualifications include
- Bachelor’s degree (Swedish equivalent) in Graphic Design.
- The neurobiology of childhood trauma and attachment (Australian Childhood Foundation). Therapy for child sexual abuse victims (Anglicare).
- Protective Behaviours (Advanced) (Protective Behaviours WA Inc).
- Protective Behaviours Community Way (Kimberley Aboriginal Medical Services Council).
- Drumbeat Therapeutic Program for Youth. Therapy for families with disabled children (Anglicare).
Relevant Certificates include:
- Working with Children Check
- National Police Certificate
- First aid and CPR certificates.